Armed Forces Salmon Assault
"2016 Event Schedule"
Fri. May 20, 2016
Mandatory Captains Meeting for all participating boats captains, receive event t-shirts, flags & banners,
and cover event schedule and tournament rules for following day. (This meeting is for event staff and captains
to coordinate final logistics for the event. Veteran participant need not attend)
Great Lakes Marina; D-Dock,
1920 Lakeshore Dr.
Muskegon, MI 49441
Sat. May 21, 2016
Armed Forces Salmon Assault tournament begins.
"Veterans Cup" Sponsored by Muskegon Charter Boat Assoc.:
- Dept. of Defense Teams, catch up to your MDNR limit weigh the biggest 4 fish.
"Canteen Cup" Sponsored by Cabela's:
- VFW, Legions and Club Teams catch up to your MDNR limit
weigh the biggest 4 fish.
"Big Fish of the day" Sponsored by Request Foods:
- All participants are eligible, weigh your
- All participants arrive at Great Lakes Marina (1920 Lakshore Dr.)
- Check-in and board their assigned boards for departure.
- All boats meet in Muskegon Lake at the channel mouth
- Moment of silence for our fallen and event prayer
- Lets go fishing
- Return to pier head for Coast Guard escort and parade through channel
- Weigh in Begins @ Great Lakes Marina
- Private luncheon and fish stories @ Boatyard Barbeque feat. Smokehouse
- Awards Ceremony @ Bluffton Bay Marina/Bayside Centre
- Awards Ceremony
- Event Ends